We sat right next to that picture window there and this balcony looked out to where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean. So we got to enjoy the beautiful view from that picture I posted a couple months ago while we melted from the pleasure of tasting the most delicious food ever. Seriously we couldn't have picked a more perfect place if I'd done hours of research looking for one.
Anyway, that was in my opinion probably the best part of the trip, but there's more so we better move on. We did drive down to Bodega Bay after dinner but the storm clouds rolled in again so we took a few pictures in the cold and then drove back to the resort.
The next morning we were scheduled for some R&R. This resort pictured below was recommended to us for its wonderful mud baths and natural spring water pool. So we both had our first experience with mud baths. They use the ash and other mud stuff from the valcano the resort was built on and it's all really good for your skin. It feels neat too. Then you get to go sit out by the budda pond and relax some more. But we had more places to see so we jumped in the pool to try that out. It was weird not having any kids around...I mean none at all. It was the most quiet pool I've ever been too.
Lastly we went to have a tour of one of the many vineyards and wineries in Sanoma county. I swear we drove past 20 of them just to get to this one. But it was a beautiful place and actually a very neat tour. It was cool to learn how they make wine and champaigne, both back in the old days and now with more modern machinery.
Most of the tours closed at 6 so the rest of our final evening was spent just chilling back at the resort, vegging in the hot tub, cuddling while watching a movie, and getting some food to eat back at our room. We would have loved to stay and experience more new things but we missed our girls and were excited to get back home to them. So early next morning we got up and drove 11 hours to get home. But it was a wonderful trip to spend with my wonderful husband. Here's to 10 more years together, cheers!




3 comments:
It looks like an AMAZING trip! And beautiful! I'm so glad you guys got to go... and I'm a little jealous! haha. But we have a couple more years before #10. Happy Late Anniversary!
Wonderful pictures and journaling! What an amazing trip for the two of you!
The pictures are beautiful. (I'm slow at looking at blogs. sorry.) Love you.
Post a Comment