Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hiking in the heat

Wow don't you just love this warm weather? It sure made for some nice hiking down in Zion National Park. It got up to 96 degrees but it felt nice in the shade and even better in the evening. It was a long drive but well worth it. Look at these views.
The girls were really good sports hiking up the steep hills and riding in the shuttle buses. But their favorite part of the trip for sure was swimming in the river (or more accurately-playing in the mud by the river).
It seemed to be a special vacation for some reason and we had a lot of fun just the four of us on our own.
Oh and it was pretty cool to be able to visit Aunt Lisa at her new job. She is a great bus driver.

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

I'm jealous! That looks like SO much fun, and I haven't been there in forever! Your girls are so cute! I love the picture of the two of them! :)

lightwriter said...

I'm so glad I got to see all of you also! It was fun to drive you down canyon and dinner was fabulous! When are you coming back???