Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm thankful for...EVERYTHING!

We made a game out of this for Sam and Erica. We'd ask them what they were thankful for and tried to see how many things they could come up with. They gave some typical answers like Ice cream, Mommy and Daddy, Trees, and Candy. But Sam gave us one really profound answer... "Love". We are so thankful (and lucky) to have so many people around us (and far away too) that love us, and I am so grateful that we have room in our hearts to love so many people in return!
Erica also gave what I thought was a pretty profound answer for a 3 year old. She is thankful for "everything"! That answer could be taken as an easy way out but I don't think so. We always need to be mindful of how lucky we are to have all the small things that we don't normally think about. Because "everything" can so easily be taken away from us in no time at all. So I agree with my kids. I learn so much from them and I am grateful for that too.

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

We miss those sweet girls! Happy Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you!

christy and lynn said...

Loved your updates! Really fun times and thanks for all that you do!